Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Fall Romance at the SOCO Cafe

So yesterday, as I eavesdropped on the table nearest the hostess stand (as hostesses tend to do, trust me), my eavesdropping paid off. It was a young man in his 20s with an older couple. As I listened in, the young man asked the couple if he could have permission to marry their daughter. I of course got all giggly and excited for them and had to walk to the back and giggle by myself for awhile. When I went back up to the host stand I got to listen to him talk about how their daughter made his life amazing and changed it forever for the better and helped him love God more etc etc blah blah blah. The best part: apparently he's not from Austin. He had secretly flown in from wherever just to ask!!!!! (The fiancee thinks he went to Colorado!!!!) Hope that little ditty makes you feel kinda warm and fuzzy. It sure made me a giggly, smiley mess.

2 comments:

  1. Very romantic. If this was a movie, you could have thrown yourself onto the table, hugged everyone, cried onto their french bread, and made a big scene.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww, that is too cute for words! I wish something like this would happen to me! lol! So cute! Thanks for sharing :-)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete